Ethos and Values
As a church school we value every individual with their own distinctive character, gifts and abilities and have at the heart of our work the belief that all children are loved by God and are individually unique.
Our core Christian values of Friendship, Wisdom, Forgiveness, Trust, Peace and Endurance help us do this by giving us all a firm foundation in shaping our relationships with one another across our school community. Our UNICEF award as a Rights Respecting School helps us understand how we live and work together each day, being thoughtful and caring about one another and the wider world.
The school has a mission to help each pupil fulfil their potential in all aspects of their personhood: physically, academically, socially, morally and spiritually.
We aim to make everyone’s time at The National School an enjoyable and very rewarding experience and strive to enable all children to simply “be their best”, reflecting on the wonder of creation, the amazing power and love of God as seen through the life of his son Jesus Christ.
We will achieve this by:
- promoting a Christian ethos whilst respecting other people's faiths developing a spiritual awareness through the opportunity to reflect in our worship time together in school, in church, through our interactions with one another and through the rich curriculum offered to all
- expecting everybody to value one another and understand their own rights and take responsibility to respect the rights of others
- promoting the highest standards of teaching and learning
- providing a broad, rich and stimulating curriculum with further opportunities to develop skills within a wide extra-curricular programme, encouraging all children to fully develop their potential academically, artistically, emotionally, physically, socially and spiritually
- encouraging the development of self-confidence, self-discipline and healthy living
- expecting everybody to make a positive contribution to our school, the local community, the wider world community and our planet
- welcoming the involvement of parents and other members of the local community
- providing an environment where all feel safe and cared for