History of our Church Schools
The Harrowby/National Schools have a long history of education in Grantham. We are proud of over 162 years of educational provision for which we have a long and distinguished history.
Harrowby Church of England Infant School has been established since 1939.
The National Church of England Junior School has been established since 1859.
We greatly value our historical and continuing connections with St Wulfram's Church, Church of The Ascension, and of course our local community.
In 2020, the Harrowby diocesan inspection judged a good school in all areas of the inspection. The National was last inspected in 2016 and judged Outstanding in all areas.
Our Church School is distinctive because:
- Everyone who works in our school supports its Christian foundation and ethos.
- We work hard to make strong links between our school, our homes, our church and our community.
- We care about the spiritual development of everyone in our school community.
- We learn about 6 Core Christian values (Friendship, Forgiveness, Wisdom, Trust, Peace, Endurance) to understand what Christians believe and how we can apply them into our own lives.
- We enjoy our Collective Worship together as part of our daily school life.
- We share our school life with our Trustees and ministers from our local churches.
- All of what we do is centred on our school motto of “Aim High Believe, Fly High Achieve” which is derived from the Bible Verse “Those who trust in the Lord will become strong again. They will be able to rise up and soar like an eagle in the sky.” Isaiah 40 v31. This is taken from one of the Christian Values. (See below for the 6 Core Christian Values and Bible References.)